This Is New Business Tech News – Tick Tock for TikTok in Montana – Telly TV’s, Google, Apple’s AR/VR Headset
This is New Business brings you the latest tech startup and silicon valley related news to one centralized location where you can find out the latest innovations and business related content in one place.
• Montana has become the first state to ban TikTok as of Wednesday officially. Caroline Mimbs Nyce of The Atlantic stops by the show to discuss what happens next.
• How does a free TV sound? Mikah talks about the company Telly, which is looking to give away its line of TVs to thousands of people with a catch that its TVs would constantly play ads on a secondary display.
• Google is looking to delete inactive personal accounts starting in December. Jason talks about some ways you can save your account from being deleted this way.
• Finally, Mikah talks about a great article by Mark Gurman about Apple’s upcoming release of its widely anticipated AR/VR headset and how the stakes are high for Tim Cook with the forthcoming device announcement.
Hosts: Jason Howell and Mikah Sargent
Guest: Caroline Mimbs Nyce
Tech News Weekly Episode 286
More Info: https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly/episodes/286
• Brooklinen.com Use Code TNW
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
Products we recommend: https://www.amazon.com/shop/twitnetcastnetwork
TWiT may earn commissions on certain products.
Join our TWiT Community on Discourse: https://www.twit.community/
Tweets by TWiT
TWiT.tv is a technology podcasting network located in the San Francisco Bay Area with the #1 ranked technology podcast This Week in Tech hosted by Leo Laporte. Every week we produce over 30 hours of content on a variety of programs including Tech News Weekly, MacBreak Weekly, This Week in Google, Windows Weekly, Security Now, All About Android, and more.